As the world’s people face the uncertainty and challenges of the novel corona virus, the Nicaraguan college students who are receiving scholarship help from Somos Ohana Nicaragua are in various stages of their work toward a degree.
We are very proud of the following students and will continue to support and encourage them in their dreams to make a better life for themselves, their families and their country.
- Elizabeth Montes: finishing the last steps in getting her license as a Speech/Language Therapist.
- Arlen Mercado: finishing her monograph, accepted to enter an RN program this year.
- Kareling Estrada: writing her monograph in Social Work.
- Nayeli Diaz: in her 4th year of studies for Social Work.
- Lener Montalban: in his 3rd year, studying to become a Social Studies teacher.
- Miguel Angel Castillo: in his 2nd year in IT Engineering, Systems of Computation, to teach the teachers of the Ministry of Education, as well as students. Formerly a teacher at La Carreta, he is now volunteering at the Instituto (high school) in Villanueva.
These 6 are in addition to 11 graduates who were supported in their education by Somos Ohana Nicaragua, with the invaluable help from our donors, and who are now working professionals.